Operating System Design :: Lessons :: Syntax Analysis
For this lesson you should read Chapter 10 from the book Building a Modern Computer From First Principles. After reading the chapter you should be able to do the following:
- Describe what a compiler is and its role in the design of a computer programming language.
- Create a tokenizer to categorize code into tokens.
- Create a parser to handle lexical elements, program structure, and statements.
- Create a parser to handle expressions.
- Create a symbol table module as part of a syntax analyzer.