Computer Programming I :: Projects :: Random Quotes
You are going to design a program that can generate at least 10 random quotes. The quotes should have something in common. For example, you could include a group of quotes from movies, TV shows, or famous people. You could also focus on a single source for your quotes such as quotes from Indiana Jones, Futurama, or Abraham Lincoln. These quotes will be chosen at random when a button on the form is pressed. When the button is pressed a picture of the movie, TV show, or person will be displayed at the same time as the quote.
- Write an algorithm before you begin programming. Your algorithm should discuss the creation of a random number and what will happen for each random number generated.
- Your quotes can appear wherever you want. You can make them appear in a Label, MessageBox, or any other form component.
- You should have at least 10 different quotes included.
- The previous picture and quote should disappear when a new picture/quote combination appears.
- Rename the form and all controls on the form using a three-letter prefix.
- Add a comment header following class guidelines.
1. Change your program slightly so it is more like a game. When the quote appears the user should enter the name of the source of the quote in a TextBox. After the guess the program tells them if they got the answer correct or not and the picture appears.
2. Modify your game so the user gets one more chance to guess after the quote appears. If they guess incorrectly the picture appears and they get one more chance to guess.
3. Modify your game one last time so the user gets points for each correct answer and loses points if they fail to answer correctly. They should get more points if they answer correctly without the picture.