Web Design I :: Projects :: Real-World Site
The site you will be creating for this project may actually be used on the internet. You will need to use the skills you have learned to design a great site. Once you have found a client to work for, you should sit down with them and ask the following questions:
- What is the purpose of your website?
- What pages/content would you like on your website?
- What features do you want your website to have?
- Do you have any ideas for the design of your website?
- What are some websites you like and why do you like them?
- What are some websites you don't like and why don't you like them?
- Do you have a specific color scheme in mind?
- Do you want a unique domain (google.com) or is a subdomain (company.wix.com) okay? A unique domain will cost money.
- Do you have a website already? If so, what do you like and dislike about it?
- What does your business do?
- What type of customer are you trying to attract?
- What makes your business remarkable?
- Who are your competitors?
- Do you have a logo or other company images to use for the site?
Put the answers to these questions in a Google Doc as well as information about your color scheme.
Once your website is done, you should check it for accessibility issues. You can use WAVE or SortSite's Accessbility Checker. In WAVE, fix any red errors. In SortSite, fix any A-Level accessibility errors in the report.