Web Design II for Developers :: Projects :: Web App
Due: Dec 14
You will be working on a web app that will be used by the Yorkville High School community. Mr. Miller will assign your project. All of the items listed below should be turned in to one folder on Google Drive, other than the web app itself which will exist on the web.
- You need to interview your client(s) to determine what they need for their web app. You may want to record the interview so you can create a more accurate transcript and pay better attention during the interview itself. The interview transcript should be typed and turned in to Google Drive.
- Your web app should implement at least one form. Typically, you can use a form for logging in so every web app should be able to have at least one form.
- Your web app needs to implement PHP or another server-side language.
- Your web app needs to implement a MySQL database.
- Your web app should have a properly-formed favicon as well as Apple Touch and Windows 8 icons.
- Your web app needs to have at least three levels of responsive design (mobile, tablet, full-size).
- CSS sprites should be used to minimize HTTP requests.
- Use CSS for the page layout of your site.
- Use a stylesheet for the design of your page. Do not use embedded or in-line styles unless you need to.
- Every page should have a document title and page title.
- PowerMapper should be used to ensure your page is accessible.
- Your page and stylesheet must use valid HTML and CSS. To check this you can use the Web Developer Toolbar in Chrome or Firefox. Go to Tools>Validate CSS or Tools>Validate HTML to validate your pages.